25 July to 19 September 2016. This consultation is now closed. Results available.
This public consultation asking for views on the preferred sites took place between 25 July and 19 September 2016.
The preferred options presented for the previous consultation were intended to help meet the projected requirement at that time for pitches over the next five years. Subsequent work to update the findings has shown that the level of provision required is lower than initially calculated.
The establishment of temporary stopping places will enable the movement of Travellers through the county to be managed more harmoniously, providing greater certainty for travellers and local residents.
Level of need will continue to be monitored on a regular basis to ensure accommodation requirements are being addressed.
Preferred options consultation documents
- Travellers' sites development plan document preferred options consultation paper July 2016
- Travellers Sites Preferred Options HRA Report July 2016
- Traveller Site Equality Analysis Form July 2016
- Travellers Sites Preferred Options SA Report July 2016
- Draft Travellers Sites DPD July 2016